Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Small things in life

I want to start out saying thank you for all the well wishes.  Everyday is different and today is a good day.  I have experienced hardship like everyone else on earth.  This experience has taught me that every person has emergencies, trauma, hurt, etc.  You cannot compare one person's issue to another.  We are all the sum of our experiences.   I am filled with the joy of the Lord.  What I am going through is very real to me, however, what you or someone else struggles with is very real to them.  There is no comparison.

Matthew 22:36-40 (NIV)

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”






Very grateful this morning for a friend I met at church.  She delivered a pile of coupons to me.   What a blast.  These are paper inserts - awesome. Since moving to this new town I have couponed some, but not to the level I am know for.  This is for no other reason than moving, settling in, finding out where everything is, etc.  BEST PART - the three surrounding towns and this one doubles coupons on Tuesday (EVERY WEEK) - yeah!!!!!  What does this mean - savings to be had!!!!!  Happy, Happy, Happy.


Huge savings on cereal this weekend.  Head to Dollar General. Before you go - get on line (their web page) print $5.00 off $25.00.  then print the 3 for 1.00 off Kellogg's, $.50 off 1 General Mills.  print 2 of each of those coupons.  Hopefully you have the coupons for 1.00 off cereal in the paper.

Go Saturday.  If you combine all your coupons, with the sales.  You will get 15 boxes of  cereal for about a $1.33 each.  More than I like to play, but anything under $1.50 is worth purchasing.



Lunch today:  Blackened Chicken with Romano cheese, corn bread, peas and corn, with peanut butter cookies.   Timothy will eat everything except the chicken so he had pizza.



Here he has pizza sauce on his face.  He is giving me his hands to wipe them off.  He does not like them dirty at all.  Notice the face.  He is not all that interested in his face being clean. Fun times!!!

LTC Challenge - here is a piece of the background.   It, hopefully, will look like a star rich background when I am done.
It has to sit for 24 hours for the clear coat to dry.




Nap Time


So Timothy likes this picture.  He has a printed copy of it and holds it often. The poor picture is almost worn out. This is Timothy and his ya ya (my mom) at the beach.  The little guy loves the water is a but unsure of the waves and gulls.
The Big, Heavy, Ugly - FREE - desk has been moved.  It will get a paint job soon.  This is where all my work will hopefully get done.  My Work room is coming together.  Notice how big a gap there is for the chair.  Over-sized desk - love it. 


Side note:
 Timothy loves ducks (in the tub).  We had a funeral for one last night (trash can).  There was a slit in it so it would sink.  When he would lift it out of the tub water would go everywhere. It had to go.  Really sad for a little guy to lose a favorite toy.  This is the second such funeral we have had for a toy.  He threw a fish in the kitchen sink (toy) and it got chopped by the garbage disposal because I did not know he had tossed it into the water as he was trying to tell me when I asked him why the fish was in the sink.  He would say water, water, water. 




No comments:

Post a Comment