Thursday, February 21, 2013

Carving Tools

It has been a week since I wrote anything. I decided to spend my time with family.

There has been lots of conversations on Atlas Quest about carving. So I thought I would start with my tools. The best way to complete any project is to have the correct tool for the job.  I use gouges, knives, wire knife, needles (16 and 20 gauge).  Then there is the slip strop.  (highly recommended). With a good transferred image, the correct tools, proper magnification and light with a steady, smooth hand can produce high quality carvings.  Remember to take your time, if you are feeling overwhelmed carving take a break for a few minutes, hours, or even a day or two.  You do not have to use all of these tools, everyone has their own preference.  Happy Carving.
Here are my carving tools.  I use almost all of them on each carving.


This is a magnifying lens with a light.  A must have to see all the fine details.

We had a wonderful visit with my family.  Timothy is now 2. 


Timothy is truly a blessing to the entire family.  So much fun, so many toys, and books!


 I love this photo.  Timothy was opening gifts.  He was determined to get this gift opened -
 all by himself.  I was lucky to get this shot of his face of struggle.

Playing with PaPa


No comments:

Post a Comment