Sunday, February 3, 2013

Football

Today is Super Bowl Sunday

For the first time in over a dozen years I am not throwing a party.  Timothy and I will be going to a party, but not hosting.  Looking forward to cooking up some yummy goodness for the party. 

Taking 3 dishes.  Spinach dip with sweet bread, chipotle tacos, and hot chicken spread with crackers. 


Spinach dip
1 package frozen spinach (thawed)
1 sour cream (med size)
2 granny smith apples diced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 package of hidden Valley ranch powder
tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 finely diced red bell pepper
mix in bowl and serve chilled


Chipotle tacos
5 lbs of ground beef ( I use lean)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 onions diced
8 dried chipotle chilies
2 Anaheim chilies diced  (remove seeds)

brown the meat (drain), add salt, pepper, onions, and Anaheim chilies. simmer for 20 min.
boil the chipotle chilies in 2 cups of water.  Sift out chilies.  Keep the juice.  Pour it over meat and continue to simmer for 15 min. I serve it with tortillas and cheese


Hot Chicken Spread
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package cream cheese
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
12 oz of Hot sauce (your choice)

boil 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - drain off water
Place cream cheese in food processor and chop it until smooth, add cheddar cheese, add hot sauce.  When mixed up very well add the chicken breast one at a time. Add salt and pepper to taste.  heat until bubbles on edges.




The Super Bowl is right in the middle of organization for my work room.  This room holds my crafts, jewelry making items, letterboxing stuff, sewing, basket making, and David's Bible study items. This one space has many uses and must be organized. Right now it is a hot mess.  So the creative juices will be working in overtime this next week.





Couponing Day 2

So now you have thought about saving a few dollars or not.  Where do you go from here.  Well you need to decide how much time are you going to give for couponing.  For the past 10 years I gave myself a few hours a week at home and limited my shopping trips to one hour shopping then get in line.  Now that I have more time I am giving myself 5 hours a week to cut and organize my coupons, two hours shopping.  Remember you still have to put all your buys away. 

Remember it takes awhile a few months to get stocked up.  So don't get discouraged!!!

I use a binder and baseball card sheets to organize my book.  However you do it is up to you.  My best advice is to organize by isles of your primary store.  If you shop at target, organize you book how you go through the store.  Same goes with Baker's, Hy-Vee, etc.

All the baking and coffee might be on the same isle then in your "organizing" you can put the Bisquick next to the Folgers.  will help when shopping so you don't have to go back and flip through your coupons.

Ask the store "help" desk for their coupon policy.  It might be on line.  Read it and keep it handy.















No comments:

Post a Comment