Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Back again

Well it has be a bit since I have been here...

Quick update: 

We are settled into our home (been here a year)
Have made the decision to home school (so much unsettling stuff going on in the public schools) 
Started back with my art
Still opening our hearts to teens
Finished therapy for PTSD, I really want a therapy dog- don't need it.  
We have a 3 year old
Started letterboxing again


.

Our 3 year old. 



First carve since unpacking the carving block.  Can't seem to take a decent photo though



Created our first fake rock today.  Yes that LnL fits inside. 

3 comments:

  1. Is there a tutorial on how to make the fake rock? I'd love to see it! I've been trying to hunt a tutorial down for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rock is very easy to make! I took a pizza box (left over from dinner and wiped some oil on it. I took a container (locknlock) covered it in oil and plastic wrap with oil on it. literally I poured it in my hands and wiped everything down. Covered the container and wiped it down with oil. Washed my hands. This was done outside. I used great stuff and sprayed it over the container (shake it really good). I got a lumpy pile of foam. I actually made several (as you cannot save the great stuff for later). I let them dry. About 2 hours. The great stuff says 15 min, but I think the oil made it take longer. After they were dry I used a knide (bread) and cut away the really bumpy parts making it look more rock like. Took a towel and wiped it down really well. (dry). placed it in the yard and painted it with spray paint that is "rock" color. After 5 min. turned them over and painted the bottom. Done! Super easy. Although there was wait time involved. My actual time working was less that 20 min. I got 6 rocks in that time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds awesome. I've never heard of great stuff. This would be perfect for Florida, as it can be somewhat difficult to find good hiding places.

    Now, is there just a cavity at the bottom of the fake rock that the letterbox nests into, or is the rock split in two halves that you pop apart to get to the box?

    ReplyDelete