Thursday, July 17, 2014

Cut and Paint a fake rock

This is how the "rock" looked this morning when I went outside.





You can see the plastic wrap comes off easily.

I quickly removed the plastic wrap.


Here is the large flat rock I used the Great Stuff to make along with a smaller rock

Now to shave the Foam.  I use this bread knife for many craft things.  
It is a bit big for this project, but it works just fine.

I took the knife and cut off any strange or not rock like areas. Simple cutting.  Takes about a min. per rock.

All trimmed up.  (At this point you can sand it with sand paper if you want)
Notice the leftovers on the craft pad?  I cut those down too.

Ready for paint

This is what I have on hand so - it is what I am going to use.


Here is the "waste" that was on the craft pad.  I cut it down and painted it.  Thought I might want it to be glued to a lid in the future. 


The smaller rock in my paint box ready to be painted.
 

Here is is.  I will let it dry for awhile.  I can always add more paint.  I used a local rock as my guide.  We have a lot of water at times so a lot of the rocks look porous.

you get to decide how you want it to look.


my big rock is in the box.  First coat is done.  It will need several.



Hope that answers any questions.  I did plant a fake rock with a peanut jar.  It was a taller rock.











No comments:

Post a Comment