Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Making a fake rock

Making a fake rock was something I always wanted to do, but was afraid of the unknown.  With advice from a fellow letter boxer (Kirbert) I jumped in and really enjoyed it.



Here are the only things I used today.  That is a craft mat, but you can use a plastic cutting board or placemat.  I would say that they would never be used for food again.


I sprayed the Namath with non stick spray



Covered the box with 3 layers of plastic wrap. Then I sprayed it too.



Shake the bottle very well.   I attached to straw (just screws on) and sprayed a circle around the box.  
I let it sit for about 2 min. Like this.



Then I just added more foam on top.


Because I need a flatter, larger rock I used the entire bottle of foam.

I let it set for 15 min. Then shook the mat so it would flatten.

Tomorrow we will finish up.  Only a few things left.  





1 comment:

  1. On the edge of my seat waiting for the next installment...

    ReplyDelete