Monday, August 4, 2014

Small Cross LTC


I was asked how I make contrast and why I use more white paper than others.

First off I use white card stock. Although I do add other papers to my work I enjoy the simplicity of working with white.  It also is easier to use up scrap papers.

The following card is all white except the blue/purple paper in the back.

Here is my finished work




Here is how I reached it:













I did not take a pic, but I spritz this piece too and added red ink to the sides with an ink pad.






A super quick carve on pink block.  

Stamped image


Using the same inked pad (I did not add any ink) I started on the side and spread it towards the middle.

Soaking up the left over spray.


This is very messy so I used pliers.

All 4 sides covered.

Dabbed a bit of red on.




Using a chalk dabbed to add just a tad bit of aqua blue.




Defining the sides

You can see the difference between the sides with and without the black. I usually do a dark on all the side so no white shows


Glued together.















No comments:

Post a Comment