Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Candy block from etsy 8.90 plus shipping




Another layer block 6x4.


There is impressions on the top from the plastic, but that does not affect the carving at all.

This carving block came from etsy - it is the same product as the previous candy colored carving block that I carved Abe Lincoln in.   So I tried a darkened image.  This car not the best way to start.


Because the image I was starting with was darkened I knew the transfer would be too.


Ready to carve.


Started with a general outline cut


This material is bright yellow in the middle.  If you look closely you can see I made deep cuts with both knife and gouge to see how steady the material was- no,problem.


Triming up the carve.


Finished- quick 15 min stamp. 








1 comment:

  1. Shawna: Great carve and description of this material. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! I found it took a laser print-Acetone transfer terrifically, it is firm enough to hold detail, but maleable enough and non-elastic to allow the Staedtler 1v reversed I use to take out only the material pieces I wanted to remove. I get really fine detail with this - thank you for sharing it with me!!!

    FORAYCH - Jeff

    ReplyDelete