Monday, August 18, 2014

2 inch squares

So this product was recommended by a vendor. So I decided to try it.  

This package came with 5 2x2 pieces.  Very good quality rubber.  I had a hard time finding images that I wanted to use.  I really want images that have straight lines, angles, and curves. 


Look how tiny- find an image to carve.


Found one.


Transferred with acetone.


Image transferred.


Knife cuts and gouge cuts.


The carved stamp- you can see deep grooves on the right.  I wanted  to check the consistence of the material.  Completely smooth all the way through.


Trimmed down and inked up


The first stamped image.


Summary-

Great in heat

Transfers well

Cuts smoothly

This was expensive material,but the quality of block is fantastic.  I had to get a level out because I really thought that the block was thinner around the edges.  It was an optical illusion.




No comments:

Post a Comment