Saturday, August 9, 2014

1 PC Multicolor Color Layer Rubber Stamp Carving Blocks For DIY Own Stamps - review

Here is where I purchased the block:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360720685534?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&var=630151075442&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT




The block is approximately 4x6



Transferred an image easily with acetone.

The outer layers are thin. Here is a simple cut with a bit more pressure and you can see the yellow layer.




Here is knife cutting.  The center is soft - I poked at it with the tip of my blade.  A few pokes and it chewed up the center quickly.


Used a box cutter on the outer edges.


Finished cutting the image down.




Final stamp



I did not like this for knife cutting at first. Felt like the blade would grab and the material pull.  It did not do that to the rubber.  Felt like it had a "bubbling" as I put pressure on the blade to slice.   However, for a gouge cutter slide easily.  After a few minutes- I was able to carve easily with both tools.  I only carved a quick simple image with lines and angles.   
Definitely better than the pink stuff.  












No comments:

Post a Comment