Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Using gesso to take stamp image


Ever have a stamp that would be great in the back ground?  You can stamp into gesso.

Mixed media paper, foam brush gesso, stamp.

I just added a pile to the paper as this is a quick sample, normally I would use a bowl to get the most of of my gesso.


I stamped the stamp onto the spread out gesso. Oops! Dropped the stamp.

Since the gesso is wet I just painted it off to start over.


Re stamped it


Wash the stamp when done.  You can cut the paper to smaller sizes to use. I prefer to use a stamp that is mounted as it makes a cleaner print, as it is easier to pick up.  This cleans up very nicely.  You can do this with a thin layer or thick layer of gesso, but if you want real texture thicker is better, if you are looking for accents thin layer.









No comments:

Post a Comment