Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Block print

Here is my image stamped with versafine on white mixed media paper


Same image stamped on the same paper with speedball block printing ink. I applied the ink with a brayer and took the image facing up with the paper on top. I rubbed the paper on the block making sure to get the entire image. I pulled the paper off from the top towards myself. The ink is sticky. After taking the printed image I hung them all to dry for a few days.

Here are the images side by side.


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I looked and saw the difference for sure. And very cool! I'm so excited to make my first LTC with my first Lino block!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this print the first time I saw it, and now I will get the super-duper version of it! Glee!

    -- Penfeather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this a rubber stamp? Does it clean up well after you use the block print ink?

    I am so excited about this swap! Thanks! hartwolfzell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a stamp carved on SLQ. It cleans up beautifully. I used one drop of dawn dish soap and warm water.

      Delete