Friday, November 21, 2014

A special treasure by topcollector

Topcollector sent me a special LTC in the mail.  I am so drawn to the fabric and thread.  So this was a great treat!

This jewel is called:
Stitched: Spinning Tops Quilt Block
Counted cross stitch and embroidery.

Let's start with just the card- this is delightful to the eye.
The colors of this card as very pleasing to the eyes. The red and green have a peaceful cheer that is not too powerful. The card is red and green- usually I think of Christmas time, but the muted colors give the feel of spring.  (However- I plan to add it to my Christmas frame for the up coming holidays because I really like it)

The front of the card is a beautifully stictched square.


The back shows the original stamp.  



The embroidery is tightly stitched making a perfectly smooth cards.  The cut corners make a romance feel to the card. The subtle blending of papers is remarkable as the is no paint or ink involved.  

The only thing that would make this better is if I hade 8 more to make a wall display of these little treasure of quilt blocks.   I absolutely love this card!

Big cheers to topcollector for sharing beautiful art with me, love the special surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment