Monday, May 4, 2015

Flamingo on ButterKut

Carving is so relaxing.  After a long day it is a perfect way to unwind.  I recieved a wonderful gift.  (Someone blessed me with a piece of carving block, boy do they know what I really enjoy) This carving block is called butterkut as a gift. You can purchase it at http://stampeaz.com.  The piece I received was just over 6x4 and is an creamy white.  I used acetone to transfer my image.  The transfer was crisp and perfect.  I let the transferred image sit for about 2 hours before I carved it.  Butterkut is very pliable and easy to carve, this carving block cuts very easily. Do to the thinness of the carving block (.25 inch) I used this in place of linoleum (block print).  Butterkut holds ink very well. I did not mount the carve - I left it unmounted and inked face up with a brayer.  The only image that I did not get a good impression on was my first (test image).  Since I was only using part of the carving to create my card I used painters tape to cover the area that I did not want to display,  I left the area to be inked 3x3 so I could cut down the print.



Here is my completed card. This is for short on top tracker.


This is the first printed image.  The paper is black and white striped. simple.

I used these colors to add depth to the frame layer. The back layer is a piece of red cardstock.  The inner frame is a piece of scrap paper. 
 
 
The flamingo is painted using Inktense Blocks and a water brush. 
 

I used these Copic markers to color the beak.





One the card was completed I coated it with Crackle Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment