Saturday, February 28, 2015

Gesso- stop to feel the music


I love gesso. Almost every card I make has it -  sometimes with texture and other just plain.  I love how the color react to having the gesso behind them.   I had this image for a very long time. I stamped it, cut it down so you only feel the emotion of the eyes.  This card has 3 different gesso techniques.  The back ground is not only a raised texture, but also a tinted gesso. After that layer dried I added another thin layer of white and ghosted it with several mini stamps to catch the resin. Then I used gesso that I thinned down, stained with ink and added some eye shadow to get an underneath shimmer (does not show up in the photo). After everything dried I then used a wide paint brush and coated it with wet perfect pearls to give the streaks that make the card feel light.  I added the music tape and coated it all with an acrylic coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment