Sunday, December 28, 2014

Catch


So I have been experimenting with a few things.  I used blender sponges that were dampened, a stencil, and heat gun to make the paper that the fish was stamped on.  I heat dried it.  Then I stamped the fish and coated the paper in glossy accents that I spread on with a squeegee. After spreading the glossy accents I used a firm bristle brush to add a bit more glossy accents wiping in many directions.  I wanted the look of a wet slimy fish jumping out of the water.  Then I crumpled up the blue paper really tight and wiped the paper with stormy sky distress ink.  I sprayed with water and ironed dry to give it a look of water with movement.  I added a real hook and sinker.  The fishing line did not look right so I unraveled some yellow string and tied it on to the hook with a 8 hook knot. I added a bit of glassy accents to dual the barbs.  Although not my normal look to a card, I like the dimensions the colors and accents give.

No comments:

Post a Comment